Product added to cart
YIOTIS S.A. was founded in 1930, and its basic aim was to create products which were good both for children’s diet and their growth in an era when infant mortality was at epidemic proportions in Greece. Throughout its history, YIOTIS Company has always been in tune with society and its needs. The Company continues this tradition today as it turns its gaze to the future.
In YIOTIS Company, quality control and food safety is ensured by the existence of an independent quality control department, which is under the factory management. In total, it is staffed by 12 scientific personnel (chemists, food scientists and food technologists). It has 2 main laboratories (one at the Athens plant and one at the Agrinio plant) and four smaller control laboratories and workstations, one in each production area.
Innovation is an inseparable part of YIOTIS’s S.A. history. In 1930 it was the first company to market standardised infant and baby foods in Greece and it has been innovating ever since then.
YIOTIS Company uses technologically advanced equipment for the quantitative analysis and quality control of food, and also to process quality and production data. Since 1995, all company data has been recorded and processed in specialised quality control and specification databases, to monitor the full traceability of its products and the integrated application of product quality assurance. In 2012, the Company invested in acquiring a new warehouse in Mandra, Attica, with a total area of 10,000 sq. m. and capacity for 9,000 pallet stacks. In 2015, YIOTIS Company continued its steady investment in Greece and completed the construction of its new factory in Agrinio, with a total area of 10,000 sq. m. With its new facilities, the company has greatly increased its production capacity, while strengthening the Greek economy and the local community by creating new jobs.
The “Research & Development & Quality Assurance” Department is made up of four laboratories. Quality Control, Microbiological Analysis, Instrumental Analysis and Research & Development The workshops are housed in privately owned facilities of 1,500 square meters which are equipped with state-of-the-art analytical equipment and staffed by specialised scientists.