Chios Mastiha Growers Association was founded in 1938 as a compulsory agricultural cooperative according to Law 1390 and represents an entity that has undertaken the exclusive management of natural Chios Mastiha in Greece and abroad. It is the collective representative organ of 20 primary cooperatives founded in the 24 mastiha villages (Mastihohoria) of southern Chios. Today, Chios Mastiha Growers Association has approximately 4.500 members and is among the largest organizations in North Aegean periphery. Chios Mastiha Growers Association’s owned facilities have a total covered surface of approximately 10,000 m2 and house the total range of its activities, including two production units:
Mastiha processing & packaging
Confection of ELMA products and distillation of mastiha oil.
Thanks to the volume of its infrastructure (immovable property, production facilities), Chios Mastiha Growers Association holds the first place among the economic entities of the island.
The offices and the Administration are housed in a company building situated in Chios town, 1 Konstantinou Monomachou Street.